10 Things I Do To Relax
Updated: Apr 11
Over the years, relaxation has become more and more important to me for a balanced life. Here are 10 things I do and/or use to make that happen.*
1. Spoonk - this was the first acupressure-style mat I was ever introduced to. I love that mine is made out of organic hemp. I do like to have a thin layer on when I'm using this. Good news is though: I can't think about anything else when I'm doing it (besides breathing)!
2. Bajos - I've talked a lot about this on my site: here, here, and here (for just a few) and on my IG stories. I think it's a great way to relax, it forces me to be present and still, and sometimes I need that.
3. Progressive relaxation exercise - the one that really helps me is the one where I lay on the floor (or bed) and squeeze every muscle really tight and start at my toes and release everything moving up my body. It's my fave.
4. Magnesium foot bath - I try to do this 2-3x/week
5. Grounding / sitting by water - it's a little challenging to do where I live in the winter, but even a walk in the snow helps with that tiny bit of sun
8. Shake it out, literally. I stand up, shake my legs, arms, maybe do a little dance, but I shake it out pretty intensely and feel so much for relaxed after!
10. Light a fire (depending on the season, sometimes it's outside, sometimes inside) and feel that warm, original infrared heat.
And, even better, I love stacking these when I can. For example, bajos while doing a foot bath and sipping some hot tea! How do you like to relax? Tell me in the comments! As always, #GetSatiated.
*Affiliate links & codes are used throughout this post; thank you for your support. These are not professional recommendations, only what I do (my website is for entertainment purposes only).