Updated: May 18
Chemex & Hario V60 Drip Kettle "Buono" 120 are my favorite coffee appliances!
Okay, so I used to never be able to drink coffee because I would get a headache and have tachycardia. I have learned from Dave Asprey that this (for me anyways) is not caused by the caffeine, but by mycotoxins. If I have a clean coffee, I don't have any of the negative symptoms I listed above. Now, coffee is not for everyone, and I never thought I would be a coffee drinker. Can I go without it? Yes. However, I use it as a carrier for good fats, herbs, and protein! And I know Alisa Vitti frowns upon it, especially for women, but I have tried and will continue to find another medium that carries my nutrients as well as coffee does.
I wanted to share some brands that I can tolerate well:
1. Bulletproof (obviously, these beans are rigorously tested)
2. Portland Roasting Coffee-I love their organic house blend and single origin Guatemala
3. Limitless Coffee- I enjoy their light & dark roast. My hubby loves their cold brew too!
4. Counter Culture- any of the organic varieties
5. The Fresh Market (house brand)- single origin Guatemalan (NOT from the bulk bins)
6. Intelligentsia- any of these small batch coffees!
7. Purity Coffee- With these beans, I actually feel clear, not just "not foggy" (there's a difference!) USE CODE: SATIATEDBLONDE to save on your order.
Absolutely in love with this hand-grinder. It's all I use...bought it at an antique store for my hubby's birthday!
Next on my list to try: Passion House Coffee Roasters. UPDATE: My hubby and I went to their retail location and it was delish!
Feel free to share any of your favorite brands! In the meantime, #GetSatiated.